Friday, August 29, 2008

SHUT UP, STOP WHINING AND GET A LIFE !!



Hey... if the title make you frowning, I must tell you that it's not my line
biggrin . It's a title of a book I recently bought, written by Larry Winget, author of some best seller motivational books . And read carefully, it's : "Get A Life" , not "Get A Wife" biggrin -- coz a wife, so they say, could make you whining endlessly .. biggrin kidding. On second thought, you might need a wife so you can stop whining razz

Firstly, mind you, I'm not trying to do a book review. I'd just like to share with you the book which attracted my attention when I was scanning through piles of book in one of the biggest book store in my town. It's plain white background with shocking red headlines: " SHUT UP, STOP WHINING, AND GET A LIFE-- a kick ass approach to a better life" encouraging me to flipped thru the pages. Immediately I know I would love this book.

It's not the usual 'motivational' book. Larry Winget intentionally made a different approach for this book: to shock all the readers. What I love about this book is it seemed like the whole book content was written for me and for me only mrgreen. In other words, it talked to my heart. It’s all about changing everything you don’t like about your life. I'm not saying I hate my life, I just feel my life needs recharging -- or maybe I need to make a radical changes in my life?? redface


Larry's words might seem harsh from time to time, but his approach to personal development -combining blunt truth with irreverent humor- conveyed his message crystal clearly.
Life is serious, but that doesn't mean we should always take it so seriously.
It is as simple as: life isn't as complicated as it seems and most people would find more success, and more happiness, in their lives if they'd do a few simple things-take
responsibility for their actions, lighten up, and start doing the right things instead of the wrong things. Stop complaining and do something.
If you don't like your job, call it a quit and start doing something you love.

If you dont like you friends, stay away from them and mingle with the ones you are comfortable with.

If you dont like your lover/ spouse, try to make things better, but if you don't succeed, maybe it's time for you to move on with your life by your own.


If you don't like your hairstyle, your appearance, your things, change it, move it,
replace it.

Enjoy yourself. Life is too short to being sobber all the time
.

I especially love this one : "When it quits being fun - quit."

And that's just the beginning!

And the next..... ?? Well.... I guess I should follow Larry's request in his preface. If you would love to know more, you've got to buy the book. I am not allowed to lend it for you razz

My only dissapointment was the book I bought was written in Bahasa Indonesia. I don't mean to say I'm an English expert, but somehow I can't feel the soul of the book as it was meant to be.


Now, Im going to Shut Up, Stop Whining and Get A Life
razz

Au revoir
!
biggrin




Salam Damai.
Kampanye Damai Pemilu Indonesia 2009.

7 comments:

Post a Comment